Acne rosacea or rosacea, how to treat this redness?
You have cheeks that blush easily and an unpleasant feeling of heat. You can no longer stand the usual cosmetic products, you have developed an intolerance to water and soap. You are probably suffering from Rosacea. This condition affects 2 to 3% of the French population, twice as many women as men. In its most common form, it focuses on the cheeks, nose, forehead and chin, usually avoiding the area around the eyes and mouth.
Fair skin is the most fragile
Rosacea often appears around 30-40 years old, but it can be present at all ages of life depending on genetic predisposition. Rosacea is linked to excessive vasodilation of the small vessels of the face and initially causes feelings of heat in the center of the face, redness and tingling. It progresses faster when the small vessels in the face dilate in response to heating of the face. Certain foods, alcohol, emotions, or the sun make symptoms worse.
Protect yourself to avoid crises
It is possible to limit the worsening or repetition of Rosacea flares by adopting a few simple rules:
- Only expose yourself to the sun with skin well protected with a high index sunscreen and stay in the shade during the hottest hours (from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Protect your skin from sharp cold, wind and thermal changes, especially the transition from cold to hot.
- Wash yourself with lukewarm water (avoid Saunas or Hammam)
- Avoid cosmetic products containing alcohol, soaps with an alkaline pH, formulas with fruit acids.
- Limit too intense activities that cause immediate vasodilation to evacuate heat from the body.
- Moisturize your skin but avoid excessively oily creams
If symptoms become persistent, a visit to a dermatologist is required. Rosacea taken on time will be treated more easily.
Our selection of anti-redness treatments for reactive skin
- In washing care, theSilky Oil or the Hydrating Bubble
- In day care, theAbsolute Rich that moisturizes and nourishes while penetrating the skin
- In night care, theBiotic Elixir, bio-regenerating oil that soothes the skin, smoothes features and reduces inflammation.
- In cure, The Luminous Complexion which boosts the natural defenses